HTS Fact Sheet
Our School at a Glance
Student Enrollment: approximately 400 (Preschool-8th)
Average Class Size: 19 students*
- 3 year old (Half-day, 2 days/week)
- 3 year old (Full-day, 2 days/week)
- 4 year old (Half-day, 3 days/week)
- 4 year old (Full-day, 3 days/week)
- 4 year old (Full-day, 5 days/week)
- Kindergarten (Full & Half-day)
- Grades 1-8
Tuition Assistance: Contact the school office for
*individual class size varies based on enrollment
Facilities & Resources
A few of the many resources available to our students include:
- New Music Room and Library
- Science Lab, including new digital microscopes, where your child can explore the marvels of science hands-on
- Computer Lab where your child can develop the technologyskills that are essential for success in today's world
- Modern gymnasium, including a fine arts stage, for sports, activities and assemblies
- SMART Board technology and programs for grades K-8
- Nooks for Middle School & Kindle Fires for grades K-8
Middle States Accreditation
The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Holy Trinity Catholic School. Middle States accreditation is an expression of confidence in Holy Trinity Catholic School's mission, goals and objectives, performance and resources and validates publicly the excellence in education.
Respect for One Another
Holy Trinity teaches all students to respect one another and to treat others as they want to be treated.
We take a proactive stand on bullying and lead the way with our implementation of the acclaimed Olweus Anti-Bullying program.
These positive messages and values are reinforced throughout the year through our Positive Attitudes Will Shine (P.A.W.S.) campaign, daily prayers, assemblies, and other activities.
Our faculty and staff do an exceptional job of keeping parents and families informed of important happenings. Just a few of the things you will benefit from include:
- Online grades & homework
- Email blasts
- Monthly packets online
- Goal Tracker for reviewing
- Fundraising and Volunteer hours
- School Reach for important announcements via phone
- And other forms of regular communication as needed
Proud to Be a Catholic School
Holy Trinity Catholic School
accepts that each child is a
unique creation of God with
spiritual, intellectual and
social needs. As members of the faith community we instill in our students the teachings of the Gospel.
We promote a partnership among parents, faculty, staff and the community rooted in the Catholic Faith.
Our mission is to empower our students with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs.
Our students have the opportunity to benefit personally and spiritually from:
- Daily Religion Classes
- Weekly Mass
- Prayer Services
- Volunteer & Service Hours
Superior Academic Performance
Holy Trinity has a long history of outstanding academic performance.
Test scores from the most recent Terra Nova tests tell a compelling story.
Holy Trinity students consistently performed significantly above the nationwide average in all subject areas including Reading, Math and Science.
A rigorous academic program combined with a nurturing environment and highly-qualified teachers who are dedicated to helping every student succeed, contribute to achieving results like these year after year.
Emphasis on STEM Prepares Students for the Future
To compete in today's world, students need to be equipped with
knowledge and skills across the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics or STEM. Our faculty works with students at all levels to introduce important concepts in these areas. Our well-equipped science and computer labs are wonderful resources to encourage learning. We also bring in numerous resources from the community including the Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh Zoo, Children's Hospital and others throughout the year. This multi-faceted approach can provide your child with a strong foundation for the years ahead.
Our Preschool Program
Holy Trinity offers 3 and 4 year old preschool programs designed to ease your child's transition from a nurturing family environment to a more challenging and structured school environment. Our teachers strive to instill a positive self-image and positive attitude toward learning in every child since these traits are critical to each child's personal growth and academic achievement throughout their school years.
At Holy Trinity Preschool -
- your child will be part of a cheerful, safe and nurturing environment
- your child will learn about God through daily prayer and weekly religion lessons
- your child will be encouraged to grow socially through play
- your child's curriculum will focus on strengthening early literacy through daily stories & weekly visits to the library
- kindergarten benchmarks in reading and math are used to create the curriculum
- your child will learn through readiness activities, crafts, large and small motor exercises, stories, songs and games
- formal evaluations are done twice a year
3 year old half-day preschool meets two days per week on Thursday and Friday from 8:45-11:15 am. 3 year old full-day preschool meets two days per week on Thursday and Friday from 8:00-2:30. 4 year old half-day preschool meets three days per week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:45-11:15 am. 4 year old full-day preschool meets three or five days per week from 8:00 am - 2:30 pm (3-day full-day students attend Mon-Wed).
Before & After School Care Program
Holy Trinity School offers Before School Care and an Extended Day program for parents who need to arrange for care for their children before and/or after school. This is available for a modest fee and is provided in the morning before school starting at 7 a.m. and from dismissal until 6 p.m.
Holy Trinity provides many opportunities for students to excel and develop outside of the classroom.
- Our school inspires students to grow in their commitment of service to God and others.
- Our teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- The students' everyday successes should be celebrated.
- Providing opportunities for students and teachers to gather in worship and prayer is vital to the students' spiritual development.
- Our school provides a safe, structured, and positive learning environment for each child.
- All children deserve a quality education, in which individual needs are met and supported.
- All people are children of God, unique, and therefore are treated with dignity and respect.
- Providing a quality education will inspire our students to become lifelong learners.